These blueberry muffins are delicious. The best part about them is the muffin top. The delicious crunchy flavorful top is absolutely amazing.
I adjusted the recipe only slightly. Here is my modified recipe. The original one can be found here.
1/2 cup butter at room temp
3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used the sugar cane from Trader Joes)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Grease 12 large size muffins pan or used cupcake liners.
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in flour then milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.
The original recipe called for “1/2 cup of milk”, which if you ever made muffins before these came out really dry. So I added addition 1/4 cup to the mix and bake it for additional 15 minutes. The consistency should look be wet and thick. (refer to the photos below for reference) If you stick with the original recipe the mix will look more dry and not enough moisture. I also cut down the sugar from 1 cup to 3/4 cup. I like my baked goods not to sweet. So it’s personal preference.
I did not feel the need for the topping, so I just excluded that altogether.
This recipe was a big hit at my house!