Before Meh-Oh Ramen place, another place held a special place in my heart. That was What’s Up Men in Fullerton. When I used to frequent the place quite often, when I attended school nearby. But ever since I left, I haven’t gone back to visit until today.
A few months back, I read an article posted on Japanese Magazine featuring all so popular “Whats Up Men”. The headline “If you ever crave the ramen you had in Japan” caught my eye. Not that I ever been to Japan, but to hold to their standards, must be good!
crispy fried gyoza
The lunch hours are the best time to come, especially on the weekends. The place is usually packed during the weekdays due to fact that its nearby Cal State Fullerton. Many students tend to linger here. The lunch hours are 11:00am-3:00pm with the choice of four different ramen + a side (gyoza, chasu bowl, curry bowl, fried rice, california roll, bbq pork bowl, natto bowl, and Teriyaki chicken bowl)
Pork fried rice
With several different ramen to choose from, I opted for Kuro Ramen. The broth is flavorful, not too salty. The noodles are chewy and firm the way I prefer them.
- KURO – Soy Sauce Flavored Noodle Soup
- SHIRO – Salt Flavored Noodle Soup
- CHA – Miso Flavored Noodle Soup
- AKA – Spicy Miso Flavored Noodle Soup
- CHUKASOBA – Old Style ShoyuNoodle Soup
- TANMEN – Stir Fried Vegetable &Pork Noodle Soup
- CHANPON – Seafood & Pork &Vegetable Noodle Soup
- SARA-UDON – Crispy Noodle w⁄Gravy Sauce, Seafood & Pork &Vegetable
If your in the Orange County area, don’t hesitate to give this place a try.
What’s Up Men
512 N State College Blvd
Fullerton, CA 92831