I also like to cook when I get the chance. With being busy with different things like working two part time jobs, two classes, internship, plus a little one at home; I rarely get the chance to bake or cook. One of my favorites is banana nut bread.
I stumbled across this recipe on food.com. (btw, I love that site! It’s so simple to use and includes a lot of user friendly recipes) The recipe calls for all-purpose-flour, but next time I’m definitely going to use 100% whole wheat. For those who want it to be semi-healthy and don’t want to give up the taste that white flour gives you. You can always use half white and half whole wheat flour.
I’m not sure if it’s the “best” banana bread I’ve had, but it’s quite good. I usually like my bread not so dense. Probably because it is quick bread, and there’s not yeast involved.
Best Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 bananas, finely crushed
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs and crushed bananas.
3. Combine well.
4. Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
5. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
7. Keeps well, refrigerated
* If you don’t like your bread too sweet, I would use less sugar since the bananas are quite sweet already.
Original recipe found here.